热门分类
微信扫码登陆

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即加入SketchUp吧! 微信扫码登陆

x
文章简介:
大家好,我是少校。我发现SU吧的版块设置非常人性化,还有英文教程版块。这里发一篇英文教程。这一段是简介。JPP是指联合推拉插件(您可以查看我写的《Fredo6 Joint Push Pull Interactive(联合推拉)》一文)这里给各位SketchUp爱好者带来一篇关于JPP插件交互探讨的文章,其实我在写《SketchUp Poly建模工作流探讨》一文中大家也看到插件交互的强大。这里介绍的是“Joint Push Pull”、“QuadFaceTools”、“Curvyloft”、“subd”等之间的研究。
正文探讨:
I took some time to explain why I think adding a "preserve quads" method could make sense to have in both JPP and NPP. I added in attachment the example .skp, in case this can be helpful.
I suppose there are quite a lot of people out there that uses JPP in combination with quad-friendly tools (Sub-d, QFT, VT, Curviloft, TIG extrude, Trupaint, and so on..)
I'm curious if someone else has encountered similar problems and if, maybe they found better/alternative/faster workarounds for theese situations.

I've created a basic quad topolgy example, in which I extrude a faceloop  with Regular JPP (both with borders = "contours" and border = "each face") and Normal JPP, to show you when it would make sense to have a "preserve quads" option.
QuadFaceTools live mesh analysis is activated, so you can see that when quad (not shadow casting) diagonals are present, all the three  methods produces triangles instead of preserving the "diagonal" behaviour.
1.JPG
Below you can see why this is not ideal for subdivision, as the triangles produces bad topology and smoothing artifacts.
2.jpg

Here you can see an orthographic top view of the same stuff, with monocrome style and edge visibility turned off, to emphatyze the smoothing artifacts.
3.jpg
With normal push pull you got an option to keep triangles, but still that doesn't preserve the "do not cast shadow" property, so that, even if the artifacts are less evident than the other methods, you can tell that the topology is slightly distorted. It's rather easy to fix this manually, just filtering selection for smooth edge (i use TT selection toys in order to do this quickly) then i check/uncheck  smooth-soft/cast shadow in "entity info" dialog.
As you previously said, hopefully this is a rather simple (but effective) option to add, in order to automate the cleanup.
4.jpg

What I'm not sure is easy to fix at all, would be the quad-managing behaviour of regular JPP, as you can see below, there are a few more problems, with both methods.
"Create borders for each face" also produces inner faces, wich completely screw the subdivisions.
Notice that in addition to smoothing artifacts, you get messed UV, due to the topology distorsion and the presence of triangles would cause, for instance, Trupaint "quad" method to fail.
Moreover selection of rings/loop is screwed and you'll have problems if you need to do furter modifications to the mesh or manually unwrap it, and so on..
5.jpg
6.JPG

What I've found that DOES preserve the diagonals (at least in my experience)  is regular JPP with "No Borders" option ticked.
Unfortunately, as you can see, it destroyes the surronding edges, so that some faces are lost.
Nevertheless, i think this method, is the best starting point for my manual workaround, which I'll try my best to show you, hoping that there's some little chance to automate/incorporate it in future developements of JPP.
The fact wich gives me some sort of hope, is that I use your brilliant Curvyloft to fix this, so maybe you could integrate some code from that.
7.JPG

Let's start with fresh geometry: to prevent missing faces, I select the geometry I need to JPP->invert selection->include inner (hole) loop in selection!!->make first group.
8.jpg

Triple click the remaining loose geometry and make a second group.
9.jpg
Perform JPP "No Tickening - No Borders" (diagonals preserved-live mesh analysis ok!)
10.jpg
Select both groups->explode
11.jpg

Pick the outer loops and run regular curviloft (lowered from default 5 segments to only 1 segment)
12.jpg
Do exactly the same for inner loops
13.jpg
Final cleanup: Select both curviloft groups->explode->orient faces->run ThomThom QFT"UnsmoothQuads"
14.jpg
Not sure it easy/possible to replicate such operation in JPP but that would be a MAJOR improvement to the usability of JPP in organic/subdivision modelling.
But if it's not possible we have to tank you anyway because, as you can see, with some minor tricks and workarounds JPP and Curviloft togheter have tons of usefulness in this kind of modelling!
谢谢大家的观看,如果您想看中文的版本,请给我留言哦。

精彩评论

文明上网理性发言、请文明用语

成为第一个回答人

高级模式
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即加入SketchUp吧! 微信扫码登陆

本版积分规则

少校

论坛元老

• 主题

• 吧币

• 红宝石